Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) incorporates acupuncture, herbs, diet and lifestyle to restore balance and normal function.
This system of medicine recognizes that blocked energy (chi) leads to pain, disease and impaired organ function. The role of acupuncture in TCM is to remove blockages along energy meridians by inserting needles at specific points. This allows the chi (natural flow of energy) to move through channels with ease.
What’s is acupuncture used for?
- Fertility and other hormonal issues (PMS and menopause)
- Sinus congestion
- Pain management (headaches)
- Digestive issues (IBS, colitis, constipation)
- Anxiety and depression
Does it hurt?
- Acupuncture needles are very fine needles as nothing is being transferred through it (like when you give blood). It does not feel the same as getting a vaccine or giving blood.
How often do I need to do it?
- As least to start, you will likely have a treatment each week. Plan on doing four to six treatments before you decide if it’s right for you.
Interested but not sure? Meet one of our doctors in a free 15 minute consultation to get your questions answered. Book here or call 705-792-6717.