Sadly, more and more couples are having a difficult time getting pregnant. Natural infertility treatments are available. If you are trying to conceive, Naturopathic Medicine can assist in many ways, including:
- Helping you achieve a better state of health overall
- Optimizing ovulation
- Regulating your menstrual cycles
- Reducing the risk of having a miscarriage
- Counselling you through the emotional challenges
We offer free fertility assessments to help figure out what’s going on and what you can do about it. Many couples use natural fertility treatments while they wait to get into the conventional fertility clinic. This is highly recommended as a 2011 study concluded that the management of female infertility with Chinese Herbal Medicine can improve pregnancy rates 2-fold within a 4 month period compared with Western Medical fertility drug therapy or IVF. Complement Ther med 2011 Dec; 19 (6): 319-31. If you have decided to pursue conventional medical treatments for infertility—fertility drugs, artificial insemination (IUI) or in vitro fertilization (IVF)—Naturopathic Doctors can support these infertility treatments by:
- Managing side effects of medication
- Counselling you through the process and its associated emotions
- Using acupuncture to increase the likelihood of conception
Acupuncture and fertility has been getting a lot of attention. Some studies have demonstrated an increase in pregnancy rate as high as 20% when acupuncture was used along with IVF.
- Acupuncture seems to be a useful tool for improving the pregnancy rate after ART. Clinical pregnancies were documented in 34 of 80 patients (42.5%) in the acupuncture group, whereas the pregnancy rate was only 21 out of 80 patients (26.3%) in the control group. Paulus W et al, Fertil Steril 2002 Vol 77, pg 721-724 Fertility and Sterility
- The pregnancy rate was 30% in the acupuncture group and 23% in the control group. The ongoing pregnancy rate at 18 weeks was higher in the treatment group (28% vs. 18%). Results suggest that acupuncture was safe for women undergoing ET. Smith C et al, Fertil Steril 2006 Vol 85, pg 1352-1358 Fertility and Sterility
Naturopathic Doctors can also deal with male infertility by helping to increase sperm count and improve sperm motility and morphology.
The fertility team at Rooted has attended many multi-disciplinary conferences on the treatment of infertility. Lecturers come from across the country to discuss both male and female fertility issues from a variety of treatment angles – herbal, nutritional, acupuncture, and more.
To get started with Naturopathic Medicine book your assessment here or call 705-792-6717 Interested but not sure? Meet one of our naturopathic doctors and have your questions answered by booking your free 30 min Fertility Strategy Session here or by calling 705-792-6717