Two key events happened in my life that have led me to where I am today. At 9 years of age my mom was diagnosed with a brain tumour and at 16, I was diagnosed with synovial sarcoma, a rare form of cancer. These two pivotal moments in my life are what have inspired and propelled me to train to be a naturopathic doctor who is focused on a family practice as well as naturopathic oncology.
For this reason, I have been involved in cancer research, served as medical advisor for the Colorectal Cancer Canada for over 5 years and have volunteered at both Wellspring and Gilda’s Clubs. As a mom of three and someone with a cancer history, I know that patients and families need all the help they can get in every aspect along the path through cancer. Naturopathic medicine can and does work well alongside conventional medicine to help decrease side effects of cancer therapies, increase the immune system and help our bodies reach optimal health.
Naturopathic Cancer Care is about:
- Helping to prevent cancer (for those with a family history or those at high risk)
- Helping patients on cancer therapies thrive during treatment
- Helping patients post treatment eliminate side-effects from treatment (i.e. insomnia, fatigue, etc.) and optimize their health
- Helping patients through post-cancer treatment fertility
- Helping patients to prevent recurrence of cancer
- Helping support and educate patients and their families
- Helping patients to regain power in a seemingly powerless situation
Working with me:
Whether for general concerns or for cancer-specific concerns, my aim is to work together with you to empower and optimize your health. This includes a thorough health history intake and physical exam, and examining prior medical reports and blood work. The first appointment is usually always the longest because of this and allows us to begin a plan together that is specific to your concern and stage. Working with patients for me means building a strong partnership to help you on your health journey.
Finding the right doctor for you is important to me.
If you would like to book a free 15 minute consultation or book your first appointment please feel free to call the clinic or book online.
Becky is a licensed and board certified Naturopathic Doctor through The College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO). After completing her Honours Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Toronto, Becky completed a four-year degree at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM). She went on to complete a two year oncology residency program accredited by the Council of Naturopathic Medical Education and received specialized infusion therapy training. She is a member and proud supporter of the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OnCANP), the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND), and the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND).
Cancer Appointment Fees:
- Cancer Intake $295 (1.5 hours)
- Cancer Prevention $195 (60min)
- Cancer Referral $195 (60min) Referral from another ND with full patient notes, labs etc
- Cancer Follow-ups
- 15 min – $55
- 30 min – $95
- 45 min – $135
- 60 min – $185
Interested but not sure? Book a free meet the doctor with Becky to see how she can help.