At our clinic we often use the Traditional Chinese Medicine Technique known as moxibustion to help turn babies from breech into the proper birth position. Now, there is scientific evidence proving its effectiveness published in 2013 “Acupuncture and Medicine” journal. 3 arms of the study were compared:
- True moxibustion plus regular prenatal care was compared with
- Sham moxibustion (done on an ineffective point)and regular prenatal care and also compared with
- Regular prenatal care
This study found that the moxibustion performed helped turn the baby 30% more often. This is great evidence supporting our therapy we have been using since day 1.
If you are pregnant and between 32-35 weeks gestation, consider coming to the clinic for our acupuncture intake session with your partner. Here is the protocol you will follow:
- Call or email us to book a special Acupuncture Intake appointment
- Come with your partner or a friend who will learn the technique
- During your appointment get a moxibustion treatment and instructions
- Leave with instructions and supplies to perform at home daily 20 minutes a day for the next 2 weeks
After you have your beautiful baby, come on back in for a well baby check and let us help you with the numerous questions you will have.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Whitney Young ND & Dr. Kerri Fullerton ND