Why IV Vitamin Therapy in Barrie?
IV Vitamin Therapy is beneficial because:
- When you take an oral supplement (swallowing pills) you absorb only about 30-60% of the vitamins because it goes through your digestive system.
- IV nutrients are absorbed at a much higher percentage, flooding the cells with nutrients they can use right away, so you can feel better, faster.
- It’s relaxing too! You are taking time out of your busy life to sit, rest, and get nourished
How to get started with IV Vitamin Therapy at Rooted
The following steps are used by our clinic to keep you safe and follow our Ontario regulatory college requirements.
- Book an IV Prep Visit at Rooted to discuss your health, do a health check, choose a bag and treatment plan. This visit is $50 and in person. If you’re already a patient at Rooted, you can skip this step – yay!
- You going to need bloodwork! We can request this from your MD/NP/ND or we can order it for you at your IV Prep Visit. Cost of blood work is approximately $50 as ND’s lab requisitions are not covered by OHIP.
- Once your bloodwork is reviewed, you can Book your First IV appointment online or give us a call at the clinic at 705-792-6717
- Make sure you are well-hydrated and have eaten within 3 hours before your IV. Plan on being at the clinic for about 30-45min for small bags and 60-90 minutes for bigger bags.
- Bring a book, watch our TV, or just take a nap and relax as you get your treatment.
Already have a naturopathic doctor and want to be referred to us for IVs? Ask them to fill out this form and email it to us at the clinic. IV Therapy Referral Form.
Who benefits from IV Therapy?
- Fatigue – chronic or new
- Colds, flus and infections – feel better faster
- Immune support- monthly IV’s to keep you healthy
- IV Therapy for skin health, glow & beauty
- Cancer Care
- Pre- & Post-Surgery & Wound Healing
- Chronic digestive concerns: IBS, Crohns, Colitis
- Migraine headaches – as prevention or acute care
- Nausea of pregnancy – keep energy up and food down
- Athletes preparing for or recovering from events
- Chronic conditions: Lyme, Fibromyalgia, Burnout/Exhaustion
Current IV Therapy Hours
- Wednesday morning
- Friday morning
- Saturday morning (every other week)
More info about IV Vitamin Therapy
- IV therapy is the therapeutic use of nutrients (i.e. vitamins, minerals, amino acids and antioxidants) administered safely and directly into the bloodstream
- The greatest advantage of IVT is that it bypasses the digestive system, in which absorption of nutrients in some people is slow and incomplete
- Oral doses of many vitamins and minerals often cannot achieve high enough blood levels for optimal effects
- IVT avoids any gastro-intestinal side-effects that many patients experience from oral supplements
- IVT directly floods the cells of your body with vitamins and minerals, thereby achieving optimal intracellular concentrations and healing the cells of your body from the inside out
Interested but not sure? Meet one of our doctors and have your questions answered by booking your free meet the doctor visit here or by calling 705-792-6717.
Most frequent questions and answers
If you already have a naturopathic doctor at our clinic or elsewhere, you can ask them to refer you to us for a IV treatments. If your ND is not at Rooted, please have them complete this referral form and email or fax it to our clinic.
Otherwise, no! You don’t need a referral to receive IVs at Rooted. 🙂
Wonderful, we are excited to work with you! You can book the IV Prep Appointment online at your earliest convenience or give the clinic a call to set that up. Please note that this first appointment is one where we take your health history, complete physical exams and requisition blood work in order to prepare you for your first IV treatment appointment. You won’t be receiving an IV bag at your IV Prep Appointment.
No, you don’t have to complete a full initial intake. If you are only interested in receiving IVs, you can book an IV Prep Appointment with one of our practitioners to get started ASAP!
Do I need to do lab work in order to get IVs at Rooted?
Yes, at your IV Prep Appointment, the practitioner will put together a lab requisition for you in order to ensure we are doing our diligence and making sure IVs are a safe option for you. Once you have completed your lab work and we have reviewed the results, you are eligible for your first IV therapy appointment.
If you have lab work from elsewhere that is from less than 12 months ago, please email to the clinic or bring with you to your IV Prep Appointment for the doctor to determine if it’s sufficient enough.
The last option is for us to give you a list of labs required that you can take to your MD or NP to request.
Please note that if you do lab work through us, it is unfortunately not covered by OHIP and is approximately $55.
Who can benefit from IV therapy?
IVs can be used for a number of patient populations. If you struggle with any of the following, you could be a candidate for IVs.
- Chronic stress
- Low mood, anxiety or depression
- Muscle pain & spasms
- Menstrual cramps
- Digestive concerns that cause malabsorption like Crohn’s disease or Ulcerative colitis
- Chronic pain conditions like fibromyalgia
- Chronic or recurrent infections like Lyme disease, EBV, tick-borne illnesses
- Concussion, headaches and optimizing brain health
- Fertility & sperm health
- Morning sickness & pregnancy support
- Exercise recovery for athletes
It truly depends on your individual case! We find that chronic health concerns can require more IV treatments to see benefit. On average, a patient usually receives an initial recommendation of one IV treatment every week for four to eight weeks for their care. This is the initial phase of treatment.
Again, this depends on your care, but on average our patients receive an IV treatment every month for maintenance care. Please note that you must see the IV practitioner who completed your IV Prep Appointment at minimum once every six (6) months and completed lab work yearly as per our regulatory body. We want to ensure you are on the right track when it comes to your health!
Please refer to our menu here for the most up-to-date list of our different treatments including the cost per treatment.
That depends! We generally find that a portion of a patient’s IV treatment can be claimed under their benefits if the patient has coverage for “Naturopath” or “Naturopathic Doctor”. To get a better idea of what your plan covers, please reach out to your private health insurer as they will guide you best.
Yes! IVs are widely used in a variety of settings including hospitals and private clinics. At Rooted, we do our diligence with your intake and labs to ensure that we provide you with the right bag for your care. Our practitioners provide gentle technique to ensure your utmost comfort when receiving your IV, and troubleshoot if there is any issue at your appointment. For instance, we provide warm compresses if you are experiencing any irritation at the IV site. Overall, we find our patients tolerate this treatment very well and absolutely love getting IVs at Rooted!
It depends on the individual case! Certain injection treatments for nutrients like Vitamin D and B12 can replace taking their equivalent supplements. However, if you are looking to optimize your health rather than being on the “line of fine,” IVs are only part of what you need along your health journey. Eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and being active, following an individualized supplement protocol, receiving acupuncture treatments, getting enough restful sleep, managing your day-to-day stress and finding purpose in your community are all important pillars of your health and wellness.